Monday 28 December 2020

3 Mile Linear Walk - Stanbury | Top Withens in the snow




Distance: 3.3 miles


Ascent: 500 ft


Walking: Andrew


Weather: Foggy with snow & ice underfoot


OS Map: OL21 - South Pennines


Parking: Informal parking area, Back Lane, Stanbury


Photography: Andrew using Nikon D610 / Nikon 24-70 mm f2.8


I've waited for years to do this walk in the snow and it didn't disappoint. 


It was still dark when I parked up on Back Lane and the black ice underfoot was dreadful. I thought about turning round and going home but decided to press on. I was in two minds whether to take my tripod but thought my stout stick, or rather crook, would be more use in these conditions. Rather than ramble on this time, I'll just let the pictures do the talking. By the way, despite what you may think, these are all colour images, not monochrome.




















































































































No comments:

Post a Comment

9 Mile Circular Walk - Stanbury | Top Withens | Oxenhope Stoop Hill | Top Of Stairs | Leeshaw Reservoir

Distance:  9 miles Ascent:  1400   ft Walking:  Andrew Weather: Frosty & sunny OS Map:  OL21 - South Pennines Starting point:  Bully Tre...